Important notice: Permanent closure of Gloucester House Medical Centre on 30 June 2021
The temporary arrangement for Gloucester House Medical Centre to be managed by Flixton Road Medical Centre is coming to an end and Gloucester House Medical Centre is due to formally close on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
The majority of patients will be automatically transferred to neighbouring Trafford practices. Those living outside of the neighbouring practice boundaries are being asked to register with a practice nearer to their permanent residence. Letters will start to be sent out to patients notifying them of the change during week commencing 3 May 2021. As we are still finalising the transfers, we will write to patients again very soon to give further information about the practice they will transfer to and their transfer date. Flixton Road Medical Centre remains unaffected and services based at the site will continue as normal.
Patients who receive a letter advising that they live outside the neighbouring practice boundaries need to register with another practice before 31 May as they will be removed from Gloucester House practice list on 31 May 2021.
Patients who receive a letter advising that they are being transferred to a neighbouring practice do not need to take any action as we will arrange for patient records to be automatically transferred to a neighbouring Trafford GP practice. They should not attempt to register at another practice before being informed of their new practice. This is to ensure their medical records have been safely transferred to their new practice (this is especially important for Covid-19 vaccinations).
If patients have a repeat prescription for medication, they should check they have sufficient supplies at home, ahead of the changes. If they require more supplies they should order in the usual way. Information on patients’ current medicines will automatically be transferred to their new practice as part of their medical records.
The welfare of patients is our top priority and we can assure everyone that all necessary steps will be taken to ensure those registered at this practice continue to receive good quality care.
Staff currently employed by the practice will be supported by NHS Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group and Flixton Road Medical Centre to find alternative employment in neighbouring practices.
Please do not contact the practice as they are extremely busy. If you have any queries relating to the upcoming change or if you do not receive a second letter about your new practice allocation by 31 May 2021, we have arranged telephone and email support for patients. Patients can contact Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group via emai: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0161 873 9577 or 0161 873 9634 between 10am-4pm Monday-Friday (not including Bank Holidays). At busy times, this will go through to answerphone.
COVID VACCINATION UPDATE 27TH APRIL 2021
- Gloucester House Medical Centre is providing vaccinations to people in cohorts 1-9 and this will continue.
- We are continuing to book in people in cohorts 1-9 who have not yet been vaccinated for their first dose and we will carry on doing this to make sure that no-one is left behind.
- People in cohorts 1 – 9 who haven’t had a first dose yet should contact the practice now for a first dose appointment.
- We will be able to give the second dose to everyone who has had their first dose of the vaccine with us and we will continue to invite people for their second dose when this is due.
- We will not be providing a vaccination service for people aged 18 to 49 when they become eligible. We were set up as a service for cohorts 1-9 only and there are a wide range of alternative local options for people who are due to be vaccinated next.
- If you are in this younger cohort, you will be able to get your vaccination at other local vaccination services including hospital hubs, community pharmacies and larger vaccination centres
- When you become eligible, you will be able to book your vaccine and choose a local service through the national booking service at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or by phoning 119.
- Other services in this area have sufficient capacity to be able to vaccinate everyone who is eligible when it is their turn.
It is very important that when you are invited, you attend the appointment for the vaccine.
GP services have been relocated from Gloucester House Medical Centre to Flixton Road Medical Centre (132 Flixton Road, M41 5BG) from Tuesday 1st December 2020.
All current patients are still registered patients of Gloucester House Medical Centre but are being seen for face to face GP and Nurse appointments at Flixton Road Medical Centre. Gloucester House Medical Centre staff remain in place to continue to assist patients.
Please contact Gloucester House Medical Centre in the usual way; by phone on 0161 748 7115 or for any GP contacts please raise a request via Ask My GP by clicking on the link below.
The easiest and fastest way to get any kind of help from us is with askmyGP. It saves us time too, so please help us to help you.
The doctors and staff at Gloucester House Medical Centre in Urmston, Manchester are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including family planning, antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback using the 'Policies' tab.
(Site updated 07/05/2021)